Monday, August 9, 2010

TBP: Journal Junkies Workshop, Part 1

Here we go!  My first book of the three books for the Book Project that I'm choosing to work through is The Journal Junkies Workshop.  This book is separated into three sections: Munitions Dump (materials), Basic Training,and Sharpshooting (journaling).  I'll be focusing on the last two sections.

Below are examples of some pages I completed for the watercolor and watercolor pencil sections of Basic Training.


The big thing that pulled me to this book is the amount of watercolor & watercolor pencil techniques.  Every art journaling book I've looked through really focuses on acrylic (which is not my thing) and hardly, if ever, mentions watercolor.  It was a breath of fresh air to see and try something different.  So far, it hasn't been a let down.

That's it for now.  Check back weekly for more updates on the Book Project.

9/74 (12%) projects from The Journal Junkies Workshop completed.

No comments: