Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One Little Word: Review of 2009

As some of you may recall, every year I go along with Ali Edwards' prompt of choosing one little word that I would use for the year. My word for 2009 was "focus." That was one powerful little word!

When I would overwhelm myself with an outrageous amount of things that I wanted to do, that little word would remind me to slow down and pick a smaller number of things that I really wanted to focus on. I reminded myself of it many times throughout the year and am so thankful that I chose it. It helped to narrow down what was most important to me and work on improving those areas.

I don't want to give up the word "focus," but I do have another another word that I would like to use as well for 2010. I've learned that it's a good word to use in general, for someone like me that can easily get distracted and move onto another whim or interest. We'll see how I'm feeling as we get closer to the new year. Next week, I'll be discussing my word choice for 2010!

Did you have a "one little word" for 2009? How did that word work out for you?

Have an awesome holiday season everyone!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I didn't really pick a word for 2009 but my theme was to get organized. And some levels I did really well and others were, as my dd would say, an epic fail. So I shall try again. :)

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!