Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Little Word for 2010

There is that old saying, practice makes perfect. The problem is that in my mind, there is no such thing as perfect. No matter how much a person strives for what s/he perceives as perfection, if s/he even reaches that point perceptions will have changed. In a discussion that my husband and I had the other day, he was right on when he said, "The pursuit of perfection is the road to insanity."

So what am I trying to say? Well, I prefer the other version to "practice makes perfect" and that is "practice makes progress." As I mentioned in my previous post, I participate in Ali Edwards' "one little word" prompt. So my one little word for 2010 is progress.

progress: growth or development; continuous improvement.

My goal for 2010 is to improve on some of my skills that I had focused on during 2009 (and a couple of other skills that I had put off until now). I'm trying to keep my list small because I really want to grow. I know that if I try to do too much, nothing gets done. So 2010 is all about making progress - and I need progress because I already have goals for 2011! Scary!

Are you participating in "one little word" for 2010? If so, what's your word?

No comments: