Sunday, June 19, 2011

Finished for Father's Day

I mentioned in a previous post that I was trying to finish up my first amigurumi crochet project in time for Father's day.  I thought I was biting off more than I could chew, but I got it done in time!


My husband is a big fan of Final Fantasy games (and anything from Squaresoft), so I knew that he would love this little moogle.  I ended up using the moogle pattern by Charlotte Davis

I did make a couple of changes to the pattern.  I wasn't going to buy yarn just for those eyes, so I ended up using embroidery floss that I had on hand. 

Also, I didn't like the wire being visible between the top of the head and bauble.  I decided to knit about a 2 inch i-cord and slipped the wire through it before assembling all the pieces together.  I think I made things a little more difficult for myself, but was well worth it for more of a finished look.

A bit complicated for my very first crochet project, but well worth it when I see my husband's reaction for Father's day!

To all the other dads out there, I hope you have an awesome day!

P.S. I have one Father's day project that I took on at the last minute, but I forgot to take pictures of it before I wrapped it up.  Hopefully I can take a picture of it and share it after my husband opens it up!

No comments: