Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Zebra Journaling

As mentioned on a previous post, I am taking part in some of Milliande's art journaling prompts.  Her second prompt was a two parter.  First first part was to doodle a zebra mandala.  I ended up making mine rectangular and quite large (about 7" x 10"), which in turn took me over a week to make.


I keep telling myself that I won't make anymore doodles like this, but for some reason I keep returning.  Since this piece was so big, it caused me to take my time.  Besides a lot of patience, I learned that I tend to favor more curvy lines.  That in itself was surprising because I've always been one for straight lines and rulers.  In forcing myself to just go with it, I'm actually learning more about myself and what I like.  I have a feeling there's a lot more to learn.

Next post, I'll share what I did for the second part of the prompt.

No comments: