Monday, February 7, 2011

Zebra Journaling

Milliande has been providing art journaling prompts every day for the month of January along with videos of her take on each prompt.  I decided that I would use it as a jumping point and do some of the prompts that either inspire or push me at a time that I see fit.  No stress over this!


The first prompt was to "zebra" up your page.  At first I decided to just draw in a zebra and go from there. "Most things are not in black and white."  I knew that was what I wanted to write on this page as soon as I saw the zebra but something felt like it was missing.  So I let it sit for a while until I realized that I really was in need of some color.  I did a quick watercolor wash with some color lifted using a sponge.  I then wrote out my words and colored the centers with a white gel pen in order to make it pop more.  And that was that.  Simple and fun - a nice change from my usual planning to just doing it!

No comments: