Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Verna's Holiday Wishlist

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
Good health and happiness.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's been a trying year for many around me - so all I want is for those I love to be healthy and happy.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
Christmas morning is always a rush due to needing to be somewhere else to celebrate the holiday.  So it's generally getting up and ready to go out.  To offset the craziness, my immediate family now celebrates on Christmas eve.  We check out our stockings, open our presents and then make a big brunch.  We like to keep it nice and easy to remember about being with the ones we love not stressing about going here and there.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
I would LOVE an all expenses paid trip to either Artfest or IMC.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
The kids and I love to go through our craft stash and just make whatever comes to mind for the holidays.  Otherwise, we love to go to the library and pick up holiday books to read over and over.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
I honestly don't remember playing any games with my family when I was growing up.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
The one tradition that I have always carried on is putting up the Christmas tree with my family the day after Thanksgiving (No Black Friday shopping for me).
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
To a place that has gentle snow falls.  All my life I've lived where it doesn't snow (it hardly even rains) and my kids have been asking to go somewhere that it snows.  So any beautiful place where I can experience a white Christmas for once.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
1.  Zumba Fitness - I'm all for getting fit and having fun!
2.  Okami Den - This isn't out yet, but I've been looking forward to this so it's still on my wish list.
3.  Game Party: In Motion - My family loves playing console party games, I think this would be a great addition.

No comments: