Thursday, February 19, 2009

Into the Swing of Things

I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. What was supposed to be a quiet Valentine's weekend, turned into a very long week of sick kids. They are still sick, but at least they are finally showing some improvement.

Although it broke my heart to see my kids so sick, I do have to say that this week made me happy in another way. In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I had the need to create. It's been pulling at me every day -- so much that I did something I was never able to convince myself to do.

I have a problem with people watching me work. It makes me so very self-conscious that I end up stopping what I am doing and waiting until I have some alone time. The problem with that is that alone time generally doesn't happen.

My husband was gracious enough to stay home from work for a couple of days to help me out with the kids. My need to create was driving me cRazY! I finally gave in and opened up my art journal and started to create. Little by little I would keep adding more details to my pages AND leaving it open when it wasn't being worked on. I could see my husband from the corner of my eye, watching me work or glancing over when I would just leave the pages open. For the first time ever -- I didn't care. And it was the best feeling in the world to just let go. Just by making that one move, my confidence in myself has grown significantly.

I've got it now; I've learned my lesson! I'm happy and ready for the next challenge.

P.S. Hoping to share some of what I've been working on soon. Just need to figure out why Photoshop is freaking out on me all of a sudden. . . .

No comments: