Friday, October 14, 2011

Today Was Good


I've been going through the backgrounds that I made in a previous post.  Determined to get myself out of my comfort zone and push myself to make something with them.

The picture below was what the background looked like before.


I ended up coloring in the stamped image with watercolor pencil, using only yellows, blues, and greens.  Not feeling like it was complete, I took and ink pad and inked the edges of the paper.  On a whim, I inked the middle of the paper to bring the whole thing together.

Despite the bright colors getting muted by the ink pad, I still felt like it was a fun piece and that I needed something fun to finish it off.  What could be better than a little Dr. Seuss?

"Today was good.  Today was fun.  Tomorrow is another one."

Those words were stamped on and then outlined with a white gel pen.

That's it and I'm off to work on more fun stuff!

Thanks for coming by!

No comments: