Wednesday, October 5, 2011
33 and Counting
I'm still trying to get out of my comfort zone. This one was a mix of trying to go with the flow, learning to loosen up, and playing with layers.
I started off with a wet-on-wet background, then immediately took a stencil and sprayed on alcohol to lightly remove some color. After that dried, I took the same stencil and sprayed on some more watercolor. This actually ended up sitting around for days until I figured out where I wanted to go from there.
Looking through my summer journal, I saw a page I had done with a "33" on it. I knew immediately that I wanted to put that number on top of this background. I thought the background looked like water, so I decided that I would make it look like the 33 was falling in. I flipped the background upside down so that the drips would fall towards the top as I worked. After all of that dried, I added some splatters and called it a day.