Friday, September 30, 2011

Disappearing Acts, Part 2


I forgot that I did one more image for GPP Street Team Crusade No. 55.  This one was done wet-on-wet with yellow and blue watercolors.  I thought that I had used too much water and I also wanted some texture, so I took a paper towel and lightly laid it on top of the whole background to soak it up.  When I lifted the paper towel, it left little dots everywhere the paper towel had been.  After I let the background dry,  I stamped on the flower with more watercolor.

This time around the watercolor was more concentrated and since it was stamped on a background where some color was lifted, stamped image really seemed to pop instead of blend with parts of the background.  If I do try this again, I think it might look better if I wet the stamped image a little more and then lift some of paint with a paper towel again.

Related Posts - Disappearing Acts

9 comments:

jgr said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I like the 'accidental' texture, too! Thank you for the inspiration.

Vee said...

Thank you, jgr! :D

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks for explaining your process - I was wondering what paper you used to get that texture, but the paper towel explains it~

Barbara Marie said...

A little work of art... beautifully done!

Vee said...

Thanks, Michelle & Barbara!

Michelle, yes the paper towel made that texture. Just in case, I used hot press illustration board for this one.

cathsheard said...

I love paper towels, bits of old cloth, gladwrap (clingfilm) etc - the texture works really well in this piece. I think the final results very pretty.

Vee said...

Thank you, Cath!

michelle ward said...

Verna, thanks for sharing more of your work. Love the soft color and texture of this. LOVELY!

Vee said...

Thanks, Michelle! And thanks for all the inspiration!