Monday, May 16, 2011

TBP: Journal Spilling, Part 7

I was really hesitant with the next part of Journal Spilling.  Collage, gesso, watercolor, and stamping.  All that I predicted was an unhappy process.  Although still unhappy with the outcome, the process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.


After previously playing with gesso and watercolor (and hating it), I cringed at the thought of doing it again.  This time around, with expectations of the worse, I was able to free myself up and just go with it.  I suddenly liked the possibilities of that combination.  I found the only downside was the paper that I used for the collage.  I found that I didn't mind the thinner paper, but the thick cardstock became a hindrance.  Working over and around the thick paper became difficult and just plain irritating.

Overall, the project was not that bad and a few lessons were learned.  Moving on . . .

The Book Project is an ongoing project to put my collection of art & craft books to good use by working through them. You can read more about it here. I would also love to hear if you are working through your books as well or would like to join me!

No comments: