Friday, April 16, 2010

Inspired by Jim Dine

I just recently learned about the artist Jim Dine. I had heard of him and seen his name from time to time, but never looked into him or his art. Earlier this week, curiosity got the best of me and I finally looked him up. I was amazed to see that he painted common items but made them into pieces of art. I was so inspired that I decided to give it a try.

I grabbed my hammer and made the picture above. It was drawn with a watersoluble graphite pencil and the background was done with watercolor. I had a lot of fun with this one, especially since it was my first time using watersoluble graphite and I'm still learning about watercolor. Now to figure out which tool I want to draw next. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautifully done!! i love it -- nice job.

Vee said...

Thank you, Sirin!